This Message Brought to You By the Letter K....

Our anxiety-ridden broadcast of travel gloom and doom will now be delightfully punctuated by a word from our sponsor, the letter K.


Why the letter, K, you ask?  Well, because it’s beautiful little number for a letter, and – well – because I say so, K?

See?  It’s been quite useful already.

K also sounds like and stands for Kay.  Kay Harmon to be exact.  Kay and I go way back to the early ‘90s when we were little Texas rock queens hiking the mountains in Colorado.  She and I met while working at a Camp in the San Juan Mountains.  There we fell in love with boys, quickly fell out of love with those very same boys, and all the while bonded while running around like little wild things in our cut off shorts and knee high hiking socks.  Life was good then, and the world belonged to us!



Kay and I lost touch as years passed, and eventually I settled down in quirky little town named Austin, which I had completely forgotten to be Kay’s home town.  There, I found her a beautiful grown up woman still carrying that spark from our youth.

I want to introduce Kay to you today because she just honored my inspiration (or near obsession, depending on how you see it) by requesting an “Alice in Wonderland” series from the adorable little online publication Handmade Gazette

Gold Mad Hatter Top Hat from Two Back Flats 
photographed by Tiffany Elizabeth for Handmade Gazette.

She also served as my introduction to the AIWL works of fantastic Ms. Cristy Cross of New Mexico. 

 From "AIWL Series by Cristy Cross Photography.

Moreover, the sharp-as-a-whip lawyer and mother of two just surprised me when I discovered that she has become a photographer herself –  and a pretty darn good one at that!


So, all you peeps, check out her stuff.  Here are a couple of other photographers I simply must brag about while I’m at it:

Lifestyle
Leah Muse (Austin, TX) of The Life You Love Photography.  Leah photographed our wedding back in 2008 when with Whitney Lee Photography.  Leah has an uncanny ability to capture breezy quirky moments of an almost nostalgic nature by freezing those moments in between that you almost missed.

Lindsey Baker & Leah Muse, Photographers, The Life you Love

Culture
Gabriele Galimberti (Italy) independent photographer for media powerhouse Conde Nast International.  Gabriele has a quiet, observant way about him while he works, but his photos come out with a high-impact blast.  Gabriele photographed me last year for Vanity Fair Italia's controversial article by Enrica Brocardo and in support of his raw photo series “G.I. Jane’s Other War.”

Soldat by Gabriele Galimberti


And now back to your regularly scheduled broadcast...

Comments

  1. Why, thank you for this lovely post! Kay shot me the link and I'm having loads of fun poking around the blog - love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts