Jejudo, here we go!

Travel account from July 2012

Blimp that I was, I somehow managed to travel internationally all the way up to the very last possible week of my pregnancy (at 8 months).  Most of those air miles, however, were dedicated to a transoceanic flight to the United States to show off my beach ball of a belly.  Because we didn't get to any exotic locales during that time, I was itching to travel as soon as Little Monster could manage it without a total meltdown by any involved parties.  Hottie and I decided on a safe first trial baby flight to Jeju Island -- the "Hawaii" of Korea lying just off the southern tip of the peninsula.


Hottie and the chunky little munchkin on Jungmun Beach

One of Jeju's famous ancient phallic statues.

View of Jungmun beach boardwalk from our hotel. Beautimous!

Little did we know, though we were going there to see the local sights, the other tourists were all about ogling our little one as the main attraction.

They all want to touch his marshmallowy goodness.
Now as an academic oceanographer, Navy gal and lover of the ocean, I was very much looking forward to introducing Mini Me to the wonders of the sea.  He thought it was THE WORST.  There must have been a mix up at the hospital, because this ocean-hating bundle of baby fat simply cannot be my son. 


But then again, he is a wild little hunk of steamin' junk and basically the boy version of me at that age, so it's impossible for him to belong to anyone else in the world.  And I love it that way.  We'll just have to work on the beach thing....

Comments

Popular Posts