Stories of Happiness

Once upon a time, I shared my story with complete strangers -- a heart-wrenching story that made me very vulnerable, but that shared an important message.  A sensitive journalist for Vanity Fair Italia shared my story with the people of Europe, and I had the pleasure of meeting and being photographed in my home by the sweet Gabriele Galimberti, then under contract with Conde Nast for the project.

Gabriele Galimberti, his self-portrait from www.gabrielegalimberti.com
Gabriele has since traveled the world photographing people in a way that captures the human experience in all of its many forms.  To my surprise and pleasure, I saw an Instagram picture by him the other day touching down in the United States.  "@indiegiftbox [that's me] I'm coming to Texas!!!" (He still owes Hottie and I a trip to his home in Tuscany, by the way.)

A flurry of emails between old acquaintances followed.  Apparently, Gabriele is now on a voyage around the globe in search of stories of happiness...and coffee ("but only because the sponsor of this project is an Italian coffee brand ILLY," he says.)  What an uplifting project about connecting and celebrating life!

Now here is where you and I come in:  Gabriele is looking for you and your story of happiness.  He's asked me to find friends in Dallas and Austin with a story to share over coffee (and subsequently to an international audience via CoffeeSurfing.Illy.com.

From Gabriele:
"I'm now working on a new photo project and I would like you to have a look at it and in case invite a friend in Austin to take part of it! I'll be in Dallas for 4 days and then Austin from 13th to 19th.
I'm traveling around the world meeting people in many different places. Every time that I found somebody that wants to be photographed by me, I ask them to offer me a coffee at their house and then I photograph them at home drinking coffee (again, this is because a coffee brand is paying my trip).  Then it comes the real project: I ask them to write a short story of happiness (something connected to their life, a special place, a special moment, a special object that makes them happy, etc). The story that they write has not to be connected to coffee.  Then, I need to take a second photo (usually a portrait of the person) to evoke the same story.

So, If you know somebody that could be interested on being  part of it, please write him/her an email to explain what i'm doing and in case tell him/her to get in contact with me!  Ask him/her to write a story of happiness. here some examples of what i've done so far: http://coffeesurfing.illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/cs_en/home#/the-coffee-and-the-stories/
The story has to be short, between 1500 and 2000 characters.  This is the link to apply at the project and send the story:  http://coffeesurfing.illy.com/wps/wcm/connect/cs_en/become-a-guest/."
 
So, my inspiring friends, share your story!  Check out Gabriele's tour dates to see when he'll be in your town and submit your application to chat, share and shoot photos with this sweetheart I've come to call "friend." 

Comments

Popular Posts